Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

Today has been one of those unusual days when it is hotter here than it is in Mesa, AZ, where I grew up.  We hovered right around 100 and even after 8pm, it is still 98* here.  Fireworks are scheduled for 10pm but b/c of the heat, we've decided we're going to see what we can see from our backyard and not make the mile long walk to the park.  We spent the morning at the pool and the afternoon inside, avoiding the heat and enjoying the a/c!  We're planning to do glow sticks and sparklers in the backyard when it gets dark - I'll add pictures from that tomorrow. 

There was a huge storm on Friday night that took out power all around us with downed trees & limbs.  We were fortunate not to have more than a few flickers and only small sticks and branches down around us.  The boys and I ride our bikes around a nearby cemetery - it's quiet, well-shaded and no traffic, which makes it perfect for riding.  We went to check it out on Monday after the storm and found many trees down and basically a huge mess.  I took a picture of the boys next to one huge tree that was literally uprooted - but again, it's on my phone.  I've figured out how to upload pictures from my phone to the blog since my laptop doesn't like my phone but I need to change some settings to allow that so hope to have some pictures added soon!  I especially want to share the picture of that uprooted tree!

Other than that, it's just pool time and trying to stay cool.  I'm going to go figure out the settings and try to get some photos uploaded.  :)  Hope you had a great 4th.


No comments: