Wednesday, June 1, 2011

SUNSHINE!!!!

Just in time for my birthday, the sun came out and it has been wonderful! A bit humid for my tastes, but it's warm and sunny and so I'm not complaining!! :) Remnants of all that rain were still on our patio on Saturday and the puddle was calling Josiah's name. Such a boy - he couldn't resist stomping around!


Can't believe it's the first of June... Noah is out of school on June 6th and so we've continued to do all of the end of the year "stuff" - today Josiah and I walked with Noah's class to Dairy Queen.




I'm also trying to get all of the errands run before I have to drag 2 kids around instead of just one, so Josiah and I are busy! :) Add in the various projects I'm working on and the days just don't seem to be long enough.

Michael's grandmother, Pearl Hurst, passed away last week at the age of 104. She was an amazing, faith-filled woman and I am so very thankful for the times we were able to visit with her. Unfortunately, Josiah never got to meet her.

And as I mentioned, my birthday was this past week and Michael didn't disappoint. This time, he made me play "Let's Make a Deal" for my gift and though I did end up "winning" a new laptop, at one point I was holding a card that said, "YOU GET NOTHING." I traded away a $250 shopping spree for a "birthday song and a prayer" and it went downhill from there. Fortunately, I let Noah pick my last "curtain" which gave me the option to exchange what I had (NOTHING) for any previous selection. :) Michael definitely keeps life fun and interesting. No simple gift to unwrap around here! He and Noah also made me a birthday cake and we went out for supper at the local Mexican place. All in all, it was a very nice birthday and so far, 40 isn't that bad. ;)