Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Quick Trip to Dubuque, the "little" park & strawberries!

With our crazy summer schedule, we decided to squeeze in a trip to Dubuque to spend time with family there. We were able to see Grandma Alice, Grandpa Bob, Aunt Sue, Uncle Bob, Ryan, Emily, Taylor, Uncle Mark and Uncle Bobby. We also had a very short visit with Great-great-grandpa Roy. Grandma took Taylor and the boys (and Michael & me) to Jumpin' Janes, an indoor inflatable jump place. The boys loved it! I think Noah wore Taylor out in the first 15 minutes. :) But she persevered and played the whole time. We also made another visit to the National Mississippi River Museum, which now also has an aquarium. It's amazing how much the riverfront area of Dubuque has changed! Though the visit was short, it was nice that we were able to spend a little time with our loved ones in Dubuque.
Dubuque - 6/11


Grandma sent a fun turtle for our yard - we set it up and it's so bright and cheerful! Josiah loves it but was NOT in the mood for a picture. :)


While Noah went to a different park with friends, Josiah and I rode the bike over to the "little" park. We've been a few times and I finally remembered to bring the camera! He loves this park because he can do everything on his own. :)
playground fun


We went to Suter's this morning with Noah's friend Zach and picked strawberries. Unfortunately, my batteries died while we were there and I didn't have any extras with me so we only got a couple of pictures. It was a bit chilly - maybe around 60* - and the strawberries were tiny. I'm sure they'll still be good for strawberry shortcake! :)

No comments: