Wednesday, June 29, 2011

it's all about mememememe

Ok, not really, but I did "escape" this past weekend to attend an alumni choir in Mesa, AZ which I helped organize. My high school choir director, Bart Evans, retired from Dobson High at the end of the 2010-11 school year. He had been at DHS for 29 years and is one of those teachers that every student loves. Almost 200 former students came together on Friday night to rehearse and then on Saturday to perform under Bart's direction. I can't even begin to put into words how amazing the weekend was. I was very fortunate to attend the event, spending exactly 42 hours, 15 minutes in Mesa. :) Pictures, videos and sound clips from the concert can be found on my FB page. I, myself, did not take one single picture. I was too busy running around making sure everything was taken care of! But I did have many many enjoyable moments, including a chance to talk with Bart, his wife Cris and several classmates. I also had the privilege to run the women's sectional which leaves me speechless. I loved being a music teacher and those 30 minutes or so of "being the director" again reaffirmed to me that some day I'd like to return to teaching music, something I've thought about off and on for the last few years. I'm so thankful to Bart for inspiring me to be a music teacher in the first place and so grateful once again for the inspiration to return. I'll stick to life as a stay-at-home-mom for now, but some day, I hope to return to the music classroom. The rehearsal was a step back in time and the concert itself was filled with amazing moments. Fortunately, we hired a professional videographer, so in about 6 weeks, I'll get to relive the whole experience! :)

So, back to "real" life. The boys went camping with the McClarens while I was away and it sounds like they had a great time. I'm sure the McClarens took pictures so if they give them to me, I'll be sure to share.

I bought batteries, so I've got a few pictures of my own to share this week. :) I also recorded another of Noah's piano pieces. This one should be pretty recognizable...


I also introduced Josiah to the sandbox. Sand sand everywhere sand! lol Took a few pictures tonight to share with you.
sandbox

No comments: