Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's still raining, BUT...

It may still be raining here but we're not letting that stop all of the end of the school year activities! Josiah and I went with Noah on his field trip to the Neil Armstrong Space Museum last Thursday and had a great time. I missed one of Noah's field trips earlier in the month and though I don't think he really minded, it was the first field trip that I didn't go to and it nearly broke my heart. I could've gone but decided that if Noah's teacher didn't really need me, I would just stay home. When we got to the actual day, I was glad I hadn't gone but still sad that I missed it. I know I don't need to go on all of them, but I love having pictures from those school trips and being able to get to know Noah's classmates. It's nice to have not just a face to go with the names he talks about but also the personalities. I know, get over it... one of these days he's not going to want his mom to go on every field trip. :) But I did go on this one and despite the rain (everyone was soaked from the downpour that hit when we arrived at the museum) we had fun. Though I'd been to the museum before, it was nice to go with a docent who told more of the behind-the-scenes stories.
Armstrong Space Museum Field Trip


Noah's performing group, Touring Company, also had its Spring Parents Night last Thursday. Noah did a great job and we did record the performance but it is 30 minutes so I won't be posting it here. Noah's best friend, Andrew, is in the pictures with him.




And a true sign of summer: POPSICLES!
popsicles


So I guess it did stop raining for a few minutes over the weekend. ;)

Sunday was Noah's piano recital. Noah swept the awards, receiving a certificate in every category that his teacher had. :) He got awards for consistent practice, passing Level 2 of music theory, doing extra work to learn about composers (Bach & Chopin this time around), the "15-Minute Club" which is extra time before or after his lesson doing music games and I think there was one other award but I can't remember. I think he was the only one of her students who received every certificate. (mostly b/c his mother is an over-achiever... lol) The picture isn't great on the video but the sound is good. :)




piano recital


We did get to play outside quite a bit and spent a short time in the basement waiting out a tornado warning... there was a lot of excitement this week!

No comments: