Thought this little anecdote was blog-worthy...
This afternoon, Josiah really wanted to go with Noah & I to piano lessons; enough that he did not sleep during nap time and checked to make sure we hadn't left every few minutes, occasionally even crying because he thought we'd left without him. When possible, I leave him home with Michael, but today, I was thankful that he was along for the ride. Noah's piano teacher lives about 20 minutes away, 15 minutes of which are on a state highway that passes through lots of farmland with very little traffic. We've been going once a week for around 5 years now and so the trip is something of an autopilot drive for me. Today, the cruise control was on, The Wiggles were blaring over the car speakers, Noah was playing Angry Birds on the Kindle and my mind was obviously not on the drive as Josiah suddenly shouted out, "Mom! We're going to Mrs. Z___'s house!!" I snapped out of my daydreaming and realized that I had just driven past our turn off the highway. Now, granted, it was only another mile before we hit the next town and I would've quickly realized my missed turn and we wouldn't have really lost a whole lot of time, but I thanked Josiah for helping me find my way. :) Only 13 years, 2 1/2 months until he can just drive ME around. He obviously knows the way...
Last weekend may have been the busiest weekend we've had in a lllooonnnggg time. Saturday morning started bright and early with soccer pictures at 8:45, a game at 9:30, Touring Company performances at 11:30 and 12:30 and a little time for fun at the Pumpkin Fest that T.C. performed at. :) Sunday morning was church, followed by brunch with the guest pastor (the Ohio District Mission & Ministry Facilitator for the Southern Region), a friend's birthday party for Noah and some outside work for me while Josiah took a nap. Thankfully, all fun things for our family but I'm not used to non-stop running on the weekend AND the weekdays! :) There are pictures from the weekend here.
Let's hope this weekend, things are a little quieter. ;)
Happy Fall!
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment