Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Singin' in the Rain

Just another "normal" week in our household with the exception of RAIN.  That's something we haven't seen much of this summer.  It started sprinkling while we were outside, so we dug out the umbrellas and the boys played in the rain.  I don't think it ever really did downpour that day, though we've had off and on rain since.  The humidity is extreme and my desire to be outside is low.  :)  Josiah doesn't care that he gets sweaty just standing there though, so out we go.  I don't have pictures of it this week, but Josiah's latest idea of fun is "riding" his big wheel motorcycle around the church parking lot.  He doesn't pedal yet, just uses his feet to move, but he loves riding down the slight incline in the parking lot.  In the last few days, I think he's spent well over an hour doing this.  I'll try to remember to get pictures! 

Michael celebrated a birthday on Saturday and has been enjoying his new iPad.  We also managed to eat his entire birthday cake in about 24 hours.  lol  It was GOOD. 

Monday, I did something I never dreamed I would find myself doing: I walked in a parade wearing a shirt that says, "I Believe in Lima."  Yes, me.  I was with about 250 other Lima City Schools supporters including the LSH marching band, football team, cheerleaders and lots of teachers, staff and other parents.  Lima City Schools had a levy on the spring ballot that didn't pass and so marching in the parade was part of the PR as we gear up for the November ballot.  Without the levy, more cuts will have to be made, so I decided it was worth the sacrifice to wear a shirt like that to show my support.  ;)  And though I still am not a huge fan of Lima, I LOVE LIMA CITY SCHOOLS, especially Liberty Arts Magnet School and the education that Noah gets there.  So I'll grin and bear it and wear the shirt frequently between now and the vote.  And since no one who really knows me would believe I would actually wear a shirt with those words, pictures were taken as proof.  :)  I also took a few pictures of Noah in the parade.  Josiah and I actually did it too, I just didn't take pictures.

Have a great week!
Pictures

No comments: