Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Enjoying the sunshine

Even though school has begun and we're back in our regular routine, the weather is still teasing us with its summer-like temperatures.  The pool ended its summer on Sunday so the boys and I took advantage of the hot day on Saturday and spent time at the pool.  It wasn't crowded at all and though the water was a bit chilly, it was a perfect "last day" at the pool.

Sunday was the annual church picnic and both boys were excited for the "ring the pop" game.  Amazingly, Josiah tossed his first ring right around a bottle of Dr. Pepper!  He was so excited.  :)  He carried it over to me (it was almost as big as he is) and said, "Mommy!  I won!  I drink it?"  It was too cute.  He has not yet had a taste of his winnings - the last thing my boys need is caffeine.  LOL  After MANY tries, the bigger kids all finally won as well.  When Noah won a bottle of Pepsi, he brought it straight to me and said, "This is for you Mom!"  He knows I function much better and am much happier when I've had my Pepsi for the day. ;)  It was very hot at the picnic, but we still managed to have fun, even introducing geo-caching to a few church friends.

Josiah and I went to Ft. Wayne to run a few errands on Tuesday and had lunch at the mall.  He was very excited that I let him eat his lunch sitting at one of the kiddie tables.  Of course, he also rode the carousel.  He also managed to stay dry all day long and told me when he had to go potty.  We're making progress.  :)

Today, Josiah & I had lunch with a friend and then made a stop at The Children's Garden.  It's such a beautiful area and Noah still loves spending time there.  Josiah was excited to see a cut-out of Dora the Explorer and kept walking back over and saying, "Take my picture with Dora, Mommy!"  He had fun playing leap frog and checking out the other parts of the garden as well.

Can't believe it's the end of August and we're on our way into September already.  I've said it before and I'll say it again:  Time flies when you're having fun!

This week's pictures

No comments: