Wednesday, December 7, 2011

the flu hit

This has been a week of flu and lots of laundry.  Noah started us off at about 2:30am Thursday morning.  He not only missed school but also missed the first performance of the Touring Company's Christmas show.  He was extremely disappointed, especially since he has a speaking part, several dance "solos" and is part of a quartet.  Fortunately, by Friday morning he was feeling better and another day off school helped him to recover in full.  Saturday he was able to perform in the 2nd performance and did a great job.  There were LOTS of kids missing and Noah ended up adding another solo to his already busy list in the show due to another student being out with the flu.  Hopefully all the kids get it out of their system this week, as there are still SEVEN performances to go!  I did try to record the show on Saturday but someone sat right in front of me just as the show was starting and of course, Noah was at the microphone where the lady's head was.  :(  Good thing we do have several more performances to go to!  :)

Michael and I thought the rest of us had managed to avoid the flu but no luck.  Monday, Josiah spent the day randomly vomiting.  This did not slow him down however - he kept eating normally (unfortunately?) and playing.  I'm sure the fact that he was running in circles with Noah did not help!  Tuesday, I woke up early and knew it was my turn.  Fortunately, I had a very mild version and basically just laid on the couch all day, with the exception of a half hour at the library for a story time with Josiah.  Late last night, Michael completed the cycle. 

Despite the yuckies at our house, Josiah did have a fun week.  I introduced him to Play-Doh, which he seems to like and as I mentioned, took him to his first story time at the library.  He really liked that and didn't want to leave when it was over.  All my pictures for this week are of Josiah!

12-7-11

No comments: