Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Big Little Boy

This week was a big week for Josiah.  On Saturday, Michael switched the crib to a toddler bed and Josiah has been doing great!  He has gone right to sleep at naptime and bedtime and still tends to stay in his bed and stand at the end crying to let me know he's awake.  We've been trying to teach him to just get up when he wakes up, but it is a fine line.  After all, I don't want him wandering around in the wee hours just because he woke up.  :)  But I think as long as it's dark, he'll stay in bed regardless.  Ironically, he has been sleeping later in the morning since we switched to the toddler bed.  I haven't figured out why exactly, but it works for me!

Big Boy Bed!


Along with the move to the toddler bed, Josiah also peed in the potty chair twice this week!  Basically a fluke more than anything - put a little boy on the potty chair while the bath water is running (and after a cup of juice) and chances are good that he's going to do something.  The fact that it happened two nights in a row was pretty exciting for me but he's lost interest again, so I'm not pushing it.  He can be my little boy for a while longer.  :)  (though I will admit that the thought of being diaper free makes me a little giddy!!!)

Noah continues to do great in school and all is well.  The second estimate officially ends on Friday which means he's halfway through 3rd grade!  WOW.  This year is truly flying by.
 
Other than that, we've had a quiet week. We enjoyed our spring-like weather and are now waiting to see if we'll actually have some snow here in the next couple days.  I know the teachers at school are giving out snow day instructions - Noah came home telling us he was to line his windowsill with pennies, flush an ice cube down the toilet and wear his "rally jammies" - pjs inside out.  I'm sure the school secretaries will be wearing their snow fairy garb tomorrow in hopes that we get enough to cancel Friday and have a 4-day weekend.  :)  We'll see if winter decides to show up.

No comments: