Wednesday, November 16, 2011

still caught in the twister

Though Liberty Arts Magnet's production of The Wizard of Oz was last Friday and Saturday, I still feel caught in the whirlwind!  What a crazy busy week we had last week and though there are no Oz rehearsals or performances to attend, this week seems just as crazy!

First things first:  The musical was definitely a success!  The munchkins were the best part (of course) but the whole production was very well done.  It's amazing what 1st-8th graders can do!  :)  Here's a little clip of the Lollipop Guild from Friday night:


I recorded the entire munchkin scene on Saturday but it's in a format that is not internet-friendly, so as soon as I have a nice open chunk of time to work on it, I'll post.  :)

Let's see, along with The Wizard of Oz, Grandma Alice & Grandpa Bob made the trip over from Iowa for the weekend.  They watched Josiah on Friday night and then attended the musical on Saturday night.  It was so nice to have them here and special for Noah to have a set of grandparents in the audience, cheering him on.  They decided to give Josiah his birthday presents a bit early so they could watch him open them. They left early Monday morning and Josiah spent the day looking for Grandpa - "Bob?  Bob??"

11-16-11


And just for the heck of it, I threw in a Freezer Meal Workshop on Sunday afternoon.  Between the prep work and the actual workshop, Sunday afternoon was non-stop busy.  Good thing Grandma & Grandpa were here to help entertain the boys!  I now have 16 yummy meals in my freezer (well, 15... one is now in my crockpot for tonight's supper!) and had a great time with a couple of neighbors putting it all together.

Noah also went to Columbus yesterday with Touring Company to perform for nearly 10,000 people at the Ohio School Board Association conference.  His picture was in the Sunday paper and there's a nice article.  You can see it online by clicking here.  There are 2 pictures online - Noah is in both! :)

Now it's on to the next project.  I started as the school scrip coordinator last week and the program kicks off on Friday.  If you are in need of gift cards for the holidays and don't already participate in a scrip program, let me know - you can help Noah's school earn money without spending any more money than you normally would.  Scrip can be used as a gift OR for your every day shopping.  I'd be happy to give you info - just leave a comment or shoot me an email!  :)

No comments: