Wednesday, September 28, 2011

it kept raining.

Yep, it's fall in Ohio and that means rain.  And lots of it.  And people wonder why I don't like fall.  I'm trying to keep a positive attitude but it's hard to do when the sun doesn't do anything but peek out for a few minutes each day and it's too wet and cold to play outside. And since I dread the season that follows fall, I can't help but to start getting cranky.  I'm trying... and to show you just how hard I am trying to be happy about fall, Noah and I made "acorns" for his class for the first day of fall.




Cute idea, huh?  :)  Thanks to Family Fun magazine for the idea.  (Now if they could just give me a way to get to the sun to shine...)

It wouldn't be a blog post without Josiah, so here are a couple pictures of him too.
 Reading with Dad
 This is one of those, "you took pictures of Noah, take one of me!  CHEEEEEZE!" :)

 And this cute picture is Josiah's latest "quirk" - when you ask him a question, he puts his hand like that on his chin and says, "hmmmmm... hmmmmmmm".  It's actually really funny and I'm trying to get a video of it and not just a still picture. 

For those of you just here for the pictures, that's all I've got.  For those of you who want to help me work through my new attitude about fall, continue reading!  lol
To combat the fall blues, I've decided to list the things I actually like about this beautiful season.  (did you like that??  I called FALL a BEAUTIFUL season!  It's a start. lol)

*It really can be beautiful.  Around here, the trees all change at different times, so it's not just a sudden burst of color but color scattered around.  Some trees are already losing their leaves while others are still summer green, but there are some oranges, reds and yellows mixed in.
*I love fall food: stews, chili & cornbread, all things pumpkin, you know what I'm talking about!
*I also really love some of my fall clothes.  I'd prefer not to have to cover up these sweaters and cute outfits with jackets and coats, but I guess I'll take what I can get.  Maybe what I need is a nice fall coat to perk things up.  :)  (I can always justify the need to shop...)
*Fall Festivals!  I love going to Suter's (or really any farm) and picking our pumpkins, riding the hay wagon, drinking cider, the corn maze and those fun activities.  Of course, I like to do those activities when the sun is shining and preferably if the temperature is above 65, but some years, that just doesn't happen.  Last year we wore shorts and it was HOT.  I liked it though I will admit, it was a bit weird.
*The routine.  By the time the calendar hits Sept. 23rd, we've settled into our routine.  By the end of winter, I'll be antsy with this routine and ready for something new, but for now, it's refreshing.

That's all I've got.  It's not such a bad list after all, though I think I need to keep working on it.  What do YOU like best about fall?  Leave me a comment and help me keep my new positive fall attitude!  :)

1 comment:

Cynthia Arneson said...

I love Fall because it means the end of 110's!!! I do miss the Fall in the mid-west, those cold crisp mornings and the beautiful colors of the leaves and the smell of fireplaces. I'm making myself homesick.