Tuesday, March 24, 2009
The Shack (**warning: this has nothing to do with Noah** LOL)
I just finished reading the book, "The Shack" by Wm. Paul Young. I really loved this book and recommend it to everyone. A friend recommended it several months ago and then another friend at church actually brought me her copy about a week ago and told me I had to read it. So I did. I had no background info on the book - no idea that it is apparently somewhat controversial. However, maybe that is the best way to read this book - with no thought into how it should be read. It's not the world's greatest piece of literature, it's not meant to be a replacement for the Bible, it's not an attempt to answer all of life's impossible questions... I think it's a book written by a man who struggles with the same things we all do, believers and unbelievers alike. I loved that the book encourages not responsibility and expectations but relationships of love. By no means should you read this book as a manual on how to be a believer... but read it as a work of fiction that has some very powerful descriptions of what life would be like if we all lived in love with one another rather than as supreme judges of one another. Read it and let me know what you think. I'd love to talk about it with you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment