Friday, March 13, 2009

our friendly bank teller

On the occasional Friday when Noah is out of school and comes along with us to grocery shop, we sometimes stop at the bank drive-thru to make a deposit. When he went with us on a much more regular basis, he would get a sucker from the teller just about every time but since school started this year, it seems the teller forgot about him. So last week when we went, I told him about what Bryan and I used to do to get a sucker - put our faces up to the car window, wave at the teller, etc. He decided to give it a try and unbuckled, went across the seat and apparently put on quite a show for the teller. She was laughing when she asked, "Do you think he wants a sucker?" He was very excited and happy to get his treat. This week, Noah is back in school but this morning, we once again had another deposit to make. Michael and I were still chuckling about last week's visit when the teller said, "I'm going to send a sucker out for your little boy because he made my day last week!" It's nice to know just how far a goofy smile and a wave can go. :)

No comments: