Wednesday, November 26, 2008

dessert shopping spree

Last night I tried a new recipe (Michael and Noah started planning alternate meal options as soon as I started chopping) that wasn't all bad but it left us wanting for something more. For the last several days, Michael and I have both had a sweet tooth and with nothing sweet in the house (except our store-bought pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, which we considered digging into...) we talked through our dessert options. We live in a town where dessert is not easy to come by. There is the local fast food ice cream option or another local fast food pie option, but neither was really sounding good, so we decided to do something we've never done before: Head to the grocery store and shop for desserts. We checked out the bakery first - creme horns, pies, cakes... hmmm... We ended up in the frozen dessert area and picked out two Edward's cream pies - a Turtle pie and a Chocolate Creme pie. We thought we should probably stock up on ice cream too, since it's cheaper to buy a gallon than it is for the three of us to go to previously mentioned fast food option, so that went into the cart. I had a coupon for Klondike bars (what would you do for a Klondike bar?) so we couldn't pass those up...and Noah really wanted Twinkies. Now, I'm not one to ever turn down a Twinkie, so down that aisle we went.

So,
Box of Twinkies: $3.99
Gallon of vanilla ice cream: $5.79
Klondike bars w/coupon: $8
Two ice cream pies: $14
Family time gorging on desserts & feeding our sweet tooth: PRICELESS

No comments: