Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Reality sinks in

In my head I had this idealistic, and obviously unrealistic, thought that with Noah in school, when he was home, life would be happy, we wouldn't have as many arguments, the time we had together would be filled with laughter and fun. HA! He uses up all his good behavior at school (which really isn't a bad thing, I admit) and some days comes home this horrific little brat that I have no desire to be around. Yes, I'm a mother admitting to these very non-maternal thoughts. Don't get me wrong, I love him dearly and will even admit to missing him on occasion during the day... but those tender thoughts flit away when my darling little boy is a monster. Fortunately, in my network of mommy-friends, many admit to the same feelings, so I know I'm not alone. And I'm sure my own mother is smiling as she reads this thinking, "FINALLY! She's getting a taste of her own medicine!" lol :)

1 comment:

bekasmom said...

Uhh...yeah! I feel the exact same way about Beka. I love her, but I cannot stand her sometimes. Why can't they just say, "Yes, Mom. Ok, Mom. Can I do anything for you, Mom?"? Neil keeps telling me I'll miss these days, but I have a hard time believing that.