So Noah's been in school for 5 weeks now and we're just now starting to get a general idea of what he does all day. For the first time in his life, I don't know what he's doing for a majority of the day. For those of you who know me, you know that I'm a bit of a control freak, and I find it sorta weird that I have no control over what's going on with Noah on a daily basis. I know this is a good thing, but it seems strange that the only reason I know he eats lunch at 10:30 is because another mom told me. And it is a bit odd (to me anyway) that we rely on our 5 year old to tell us what he did each day. The teacher never offered a general schedule - we think he has gym on Tuesdays, music on Wednesdays and Art on Thursdays... Some days he comes home and tells us he had "double recess." What does that mean exactly? And how long is recess to begin with???? And the same mom that told me that kindergartners eat lunch at 10:30 also told me that they make the kids eat really fast... which explains why most days, Noah's lunchbox is still full when he gets home. (of course, he ALWAYS has time to eat dessert... definitely my son!!!)
All of this makes me think, will I still be wondering what exactly he's doing throughout his day when he gets to high school... or college... and does every mom wonder about this? When will the control freak in me throw in the towel and give up? lol (who am I kidding??) ;) Maybe this is another one of life's lessons that God throws at parents - it's about trust - in the school, the teacher, the kid, God himself. I don't necessarily worry about Noah... I just wonder what he's up to each day.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know! I HATE not knowing how much she ate for lunch and what she's doing every minute of the day. I need to let go; I know that, but it's hard! I can't even imagine what it's going to be like when she's a teenager! Aaaahhh!
Wondering is good. Just don’t become a helicopter parent who hovers around school in order to see what is happening. Teachers (and kids) don't like them.
Post a Comment