The title of this post pretty much sums up our last week. It has been raining - and not just a few sprinkles here and there, we're talking downpours - and the skies are clouding up again today. Noah is at Art Camp this week and is loving it, as I knew he would. :) He gets to go every day from 10:30-5 and there are four different subjects - Abstract Painting, Ceramics, Cartooning (his favorite) and Printmaking. Josiah and I went to the pool for a little over an hour yesterday before the rain started again and today we went shopping at the mall and had lunch at Panera. :) Not exactly his idea of a fun way to spend the day, but he was a very good boy. (and everything was on sale! and I had gift cards to use!)
Looking at the pictures on my phone, I have a picture of a tick (yes, a tick), Josiah wearing a cape I made him, Josiah sleeping in his new NASCAR hat, Noah & 2 of his friends playing a game with Josiah and the aebleskivers I made for breakfast on Saturday morning for Noah's sleepover. Not very exciting. If you're my Facebook friend, you've already seen all those pictures anyway.... What I should've taken a picture of was the water POURING into our basement on Monday night through a window that needs new sealant or something. Or maybe the small pond that shows up every time it rains... oh well. It's supposed to dry up for the weekend, so maybe we'll see some sunshine!
One other short anecdote before I close... a few weeks ago, friends from church brought the boys 2 goldfish. I had to be talked into this little pet adventure and for good reason. I bet you can guess who has fed the fish a majority of the time and who cleans out the fishbowl twice a week... At any rate, not surprisingly, one of the fish died yesterday. Now, I would expect that the normal reaction to the loss of a pet might be sadness. Maybe even a tear or two. When Michael told the boys that we would have to flush the dead fish down the toilet, they actually got giddy. They were excited to toss in good ol' Barney (or was it Boo Boo? Who knows!?!) and watch him swirl away to fish heaven. I'm sure if we had girls there might have been tears but with my boys? No way. I love boy-land. :)
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment