Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Crazy

Is it seriously July already?  I swear June just started yesterday and yet my calendar has July showing.  We had another busy month and there are a few pictures to show for it. 

We started June with a geocaching adventure with our friends, the Campbell girls.  I finally scored my 100th find.  I'm sure there's a picture somewhere of that momentous occasion.  :)

Noah & Josiah both went to Learn-to-Swim-week at the Y the first week of June.  Both boys did a great job and I was actually quite surprised at how well Noah is swimming.  Josiah has continued swim lessons this summer, though his last one will be next Monday.  I hope it will work in our schedule for him to continue this fall.  He gets the concept but has a hard time putting it all together without a little assistance.

The boys & I went to the Ft. Wayne Zoo and had a really wonderful day.  Many of the animals were much closer than usual, though most were still sleeping.  It was nice to get an up-close view of them though!  Josiah loved the zoo and we didn't just run through - we actually stopped and looked at the animals and talked about them and Josiah was happy to tell anyone who would listen what sound each animal made, especially the lions.  :)  They have a little sprinkler area in one section and a fountain to play in as well, so the boys started the day playing in the water and stayed cool the whole day.  They were soaked through but by the time we left, they were just slightly damp. 

Despite our cooler, wetter summer, we have managed to get to the pool a few times and hopefully will be there again this afternoon. 

Noah went to Camp Lutherhaven again this summer and spent the week getting eaten alive by mosquitoes.  :)  He had a great time and loved the new cabin he got to stay in.  The Saturday before Noah went to Camp, my great-grandfather, Roy, passed away.  Josiah & I made the trip to Dubuque for the funeral and were SO blessed to be able to spend time with lots of family and friends.  Gummy flew in to Des Moines and so was able to bring Grandma Bobbie as well.  It was a very nice, unexpected visit with Grandma and I'm so thankful it worked out for her to make the trip.  We had a picnic at Eagle Point Park in memory of Roy, complete with KFC.  We also were able to see family members I hadn't seen since Roy's 90th birthday four years ago.  We shared a lot of memories, looking through old photos and laughing at old clothing styles, glasses and hair styles.  It was a true celebration of Roy's life.

Josiah & I also made a day trip down to Cincinnati to visit friends.  Noah was supposed to come along but got sick, so he had to stay home.  He was a little disappointed that he was left behind with Michael, but that day was the only day all summer that we could coordinate schedules with our friends.  That just proves how busy our summer is!

Noah & a few friends put together a "garage band" the last couple of days and gave a performance yesterday.  It was very funny and creative and they ended the concert with a silly string war.  The audience consisted of 2 moms, a grandma and a grandpa but it was still a stellar performance.  LOL

Along with everything else, we joined a playgroup, have done a lot of bike riding and playing, Noah started playing horn (he took lessons at school for a few days this month), enjoyed a night in the backyard with friends and lots of good food, more geo-caching and very little sleep.  No wonder I'm so tired!  ;) 

Pictures are here.

No comments: