I tend to be a Christmas cookie fanatic. There's no such thing as too many cookies at Christmastime. And I like a variety... So when it's just the 4 of us, I tend to make 1/2 batches and give some away. However, when I know we've got visitors coming (Gummy & Grandpa Bruce are coming for Christmas this year) I go for full - and sometimes double - batches. The last time they came for Christmas, I made 40 dozen cookies. You may be thinking - "They were eating cookies 'til Memorial Day!" but I can honestly tell you, the cookies were gone shortly after New Year's. Apparently, I'm not the only Christmas cookie fanatic around here.... :) Last weekend I made cut-outs with the boys. These are my least favorite cookie on every level: I don't like to make them, I don't like to frost them and I don't like to eat them. However, the rest of the family loves them and so I make the annual sacrifice (and a very BIG mess). Because of our busy schedules, we ended up cutting out the cookies on Sunday night.
Josiah really had fun - there are little 3-year old fingerprints in most of the cookies - and Noah, I think, has joined me in the dislike of making cut-outs - as you can see in the pictures. He is looking forward to frosting them though... and because of the many years my mother forced me to frost cutouts, I'm saving them to be frosted until she gets here. 6 1/2 dozen cutouts will be waiting for you Gummy!! :)
Noah had 4 performances last week with 3 more before next Wednesday. Hang on to your tie & cummerbund Noah! :) And did I mention that his last progress report came home with ALL A+? And apparently his behavior at school has been "off the chart" good for the last 2 days. Way to go, Noah!!
Josiah finished Tiny Tots Gym this morning. We'll start another class in January. He also got to go to Kindergarten this morning! He has been "helping" at the Santa Shoppe all week and today, one of the kindergarten teachers grabbed him and took him to her room. When I went to pick him up an hour later, she said he played quietly with some magnetic letters she has along a wall of file cabinets and the Legos the entire time. I'm so happy my children are little angels at school... they certainly aren't perfect but it's nice to know that they can behave if they want to. ;)
We're in for another busy week - Josiah turns THREE on Friday! We're having a small party with lots of balloons and cupcakes, because that's what Josiah wants, plus all those performances, a teacher's luncheon that I'm organizing and... the list is endless. Have a great (and not as busy as ours) week!
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment