Though the boys were feverish, it didn't slow down our fun and enjoyment of this beautiful weather too much. Noah & Josiah went in search of worms and it was SO cute. They walked hand in hand from spot to spot carrying trowels and digging up worms and potato bugs. I'm sorry to say most of the worms did not make it past my boys. Once discovered, Noah liked cutting them in half and Josiah liked to "touch" them... which in 2-year-old-boy world means squishing them flat with your finger. The potato bugs fared better since they have their own defense mechanism. Noah tried throwing the rolled up potato bugs against the house and screened in porch and found that doing so only stunned the bugs into unrolling and then attempting to escape with a high-speed potato bug run. Needless to say, they rarely escaped.
We also cleaned out the sand box and put new sand in so the boys spent some time in the box...
And on Tuesday, Josiah and I went to Columbus to have lunch with a friend and while we were there, spent some time at the play area at the Mall at Tuttle Crossing. We also walked by the Easter Bunny. Josiah wasn't too sure what to do with him - he did give him a high five but mostly looked at him like he was trying to figure out exactly what that thing was. :)
I found pictures from the week before that I forgot to post - when it was still a bit chilly, we built a fort in the living room and I took pictures of Josiah playing. Now he asks to make a fort on a regular basis - I just need to find a way to build the fort without taking up the whole living room. I remember when my brother & I were younger, our great-grandmother made a card table cover that was our fort. It was really cool. I've wondered where that went to all these years later. Probably in a scrap box that got donated or thrown out. Maybe I'll have to get crafty and make one of our own.
Today it's supposed to get near 90, so it's time to get out there and enjoy!! Happy Spring!
![]() |
| 3-21-12 |

No comments:
Post a Comment