Thursday, August 13, 2009

A week with Gummy

As is usually the case, Gummy came and we were BUSY! Noah and I picked her up at the Columbus Airport on Monday the 3rd and we hit the ground running. We visited Easton Town Center for supper, a visit to the Lego store (where there is an 8 foot Yoda) and a stop at Godiva Chocolatier! yummy!! Tuesday we went to Chuck E. Cheese's for THREE hours. Gummy has those pictures, so will have to wait until she shares them before I can show them to you. Wednesday was our long day - we spent 15 hours in the car or stopping at various spots. We saw 9 barn quilts in Miami County, stopped at 2 quilt shops, Winton Woods splash park, Gap Clearance center in Hebron, KY and dinner with the Robeys. It usually takes me about 2 hours to get to the Robey's house - that day it took us 10 hours. lol Thursday we went to the Wapak pool and Friday night Gummy & Noah had a date while Michael and I headed over to Ft. Wayne for a Circuit dinner. Saturday we were pretty lazy - played games and sat on the patio, feeling the humidity blowing in. Sunday was church and the church picnic and Monday we went to the splash water fountain here in Lima. Tuesday, we took Gummy back to Columbus and on our way, stopped at the Ohio Caverns for an AMAZING tour. We've been talking about going for a few years now and finally made the stop - TOTALLY worth it. This is a stop we'll make again! All in all, it was a fun week!
A week with Gummy

1 comment:

bekasmom said...

The splash park with Noah's Ark looks really cool! I bet he loved that it was Noah's Ark. I haven't been to the Ohio Caverns in AGES! But I remember enjoying it. Mom took Beka to the Oletangy Caverns this summer; they liked it too. I think there's more Native American stuff in that one. Glad you had a good time. I bet you were sorry to see Gummy leave. Will she be coming back in December?