Thursday, June 4, 2009

So much to blog, so little time...

Time to catch up! Where did May go? I think I slept it away.... but now Noah is out of school and it's back to the land of the living for me. :)

Thanks to the McClarens, I have a ton of really great soccer pictures of Noah - he did really well this year, despite an "interesting" coach and a small team. He was much more aggressive this year and actually got his foot on the ball!

Just a reminder to click on the picture below and then click "Slideshow" in the upper left.

soccer 2009


We also ventured into the wonderful world of butterflies in May! For Christmas, Noah got a butterfly house and so in late April, we sent away for our caterpillars. They arrived in mid-May and did exactly what they were supposed to do. We had 10 caterpillars and ended up with 10 butterflies! We kept them in our screened-in porch for about a week and this morning, released 6 into our backyard. (little boys are rough on delicate butterflies...) It was fun and I think something we'll do again.

Butterflies


On May 29th, I was invited to go along with Noah's class to Boonshoft Museum in Dayton. Noah and I have made this trip many times but it was fun to go with his classmates. I had 4 kindergarten boys in my group and they kept me moving! Noah was very well behaved - I was a bit concerned about having him in my group, but he did amazingly well - no tantrums and he stayed close to me.

Boonshoft


And finally, yesterday, June 3rd, was Noah's LAST day of kindergarten! I really can't believe that the school year is over. They had an awards assembly at school and Noah received the award for Outstanding Art Student (what a surprise!) for his class. Noah (and lots of other kids) also got special recognition for reading skills.

Last day of school

No comments: