Thursday, April 2, 2009

Girlfriends and Grades

I've been meaning to blog about Noah's girlfriend for a few days, so I'll combine it with his latest report card. :)

Noah came home about a week ago and told me he had a girlfriend. Her name is Ella and she is in his class. He said he likes her because she looks nice every day and because she is very good at coloring. That's right, the important traits for a girlfriend: looks and artistic ability. ;)

As for grades... Noah continues to do great in kindergarten. All Es and Ss! (Excellent and Satisfactory) Mrs. Lyons included these comments on this quarter's report card:
"Noah continues to amaze me. He is ready for first grade right now. Let's keep challenging him, truly he has no limits...You should be so proud, he is a wonderful young man."

We are proud of him and he continues to amaze us as well. His reading has improved tremendously in the past few months and he is just soaking up new things left and right. We applied for the Arts Magnet for next year. If accepted, he will do everything that "normal" first graders do along with an additional 90 minutes of music, art, drama and dance each week. We saw kids from the Arts Magnet perform at a Lima Symphony concert a couple weeks ago and he whispered, "Mom, maybe they'll do this next year and I'LL be able to dance up on the stage!" It's a lottery system to get in, so we just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Denise said...

So I finally signed up for the ole Google account. Prior to this I was far too lazy to take that 5 minutes so I could leave a comment but I FINALLY did it. Yay me. Because it is hard for me to keep my mouth shut. Noah seems to have good taste in girls. Everett likes a 5th grader. Frightening. Sounds like Noah is an outstanding citizen. You should be proud!!