Sunday, January 25, 2009

my baby is six

I'm really not sure how it happened... it seems like just yesterday my water broke and we were heading to the hospital to become parents. And yet today, we celebrated Noah's SIXTH birthday. I've learned over the years that time really does fly, whether you're having fun or not, and that it seems like only a blink of an eye and that precious baby is growing up too fast.

I mentioned in my last post that we're seeing results as we train up our child in the way that he should go... the three days after that were nightmare-ish! lol He didn't listen, didn't pay attention, talked back to both of us, wouldn't go to sleep and on and on and on! So I guess I need to stop bragging about our little boy growing up. ;)

But seriously, today we watched as he had conversations with various people at church (this doesn't always happen... usually he runs around like a wild banshee with donut frosting on his face, hands and pants), laughed and enjoyed his antics at Chuck E. Cheese's and watched as he very confidently went up to the counter, stood in line and asked politely for a fork before skipping back through the crowd.

Tomorrow is the start of another typical week in our household - school for Noah, work, work and more work for Michael and for me, well, doing whatever needs to be done! But one thing will be different. Our little boy will be SIX. How did it happen? And how can I ever truly appreciate each moment I have with my baby? My heart overflows with love and pride as I watch a very precious child of God grow and change and learn. I thank God for every moment and I'm trying really hard not to blink. ;)

No comments: