Monday, December 22, 2008
what's a virgin?
During yesterday's Gospel reading, Noah was reading along when he came across an apparently unfamiliar word: virgin. So he politely whispered to me, "Mom, what's a virgin?" I quietly told him that we would have to talk about it later - how do you get into that discussion with a 5 year old while the rest of the Gospel is read? He and I both forgot the question until this evening when something in a conversation with Michael triggered it in my memory. I told Noah to ask his dad the question he asked me in church and with a little reminder, he did indeed ask, "Dad, what's a virgin?" Michael's response: "A virgin is someone who hasn't had sex." To which, at the exact same time, Noah and I both said, "Dad, what is sex?" Michael and I started laughing and Noah laughed because we were laughing and then said, "Like INSECTS, get it? Insects!" Ahh, the joys of parenting...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is really, really funny!!!
Have you heard of the book series called, God's Design for Sex by Stan and Brenna Jones, published by FamilyLife?
Connor is technically old enough for it now, though we don't own it yet. Countless friends have used it and loved it.
Hilarious! Beka hasn't asked this question yet, but I suppose we should formulate some sort of response!!!
Post a Comment