Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Weekend in the big city!

Last weekend, the boys & I went on a whirlwind trip to Chicago.  We rode the L, went to LegoLand Discovery Center in Schaumburg and attended Amy & John's wedding.  Amy's parents are dear friends of ours and fellow members of our church.  Thanks to Grandpa Bruce, we stayed in a swanky downtown hotel, which, silly me!  I did not take any pictures of!  There is one picture of Noah enjoying the hotel robe (he's added it to his Christmas list - lol) but that's it when it comes to hotel photos.  I'm admittedly not much a photographer anymore.  Even at the wedding, I got my camera out once and took a few shots but then put it back in the bag and never thought of it again.  {sigh}  Maybe I'm subconsciously taking fewer pictures because I'm so far behind on my scrapbooking.  ;)

Anyway, we had a great time and now it's back to the grind.  Both boys are busy with school, plus Noah continues to do piano lessons & soccer and Josiah has swimming lessons & playgroup.  Plenty of activities to keep us out of trouble. 

Fall is sneaking in with earlier sunsets, cooler weather and a tinge of color change on the leaves of the trees.  I'm not quite ready for the change of seasons but I guess I have no choice. 

And last, but certainly not least, our family welcomed a GIRL baby last Wednesday!  My brother & his wife are now proud parents of FOUR.  Three boys (18, 15 & 13) and a sweet baby girl born on 9/11/13.  I probably won't see her (except in pictures) before she's walking, but I'm still excited that we actually have a princess in the family. 

Pictures from our Chicago trip!

No comments: