So glad that I waited to blog today 'cause have I got a story for you! :) Noah got a Blizzard maker for Christmas and tonight we got it out to make a Blizzard. Finally! All of the ingredients: ice, salt, half and half, Blizzard mix. I get everything gathered together on the counter, pour in the ice, Noah pours in the water, add the salt, mix the half and half with the Blizzard mix and pour into the little cup. WAIT!!!!!!!! (Note to self: ALWAYS check the Blizzard mixer to be sure that the cup is screwed in tightly from the last batch.) Half and half and Blizzard mix pouring onto the counter, down the cabinets onto the floor... grab towels to sop up the lovely, sticky mess while trying to keep Josiah, who happens to be allergic to milk products and will get hives wherever the milk product touches, away from the spill. (Breathe in, breathe out, repeat.) Let's try this again... everything is wiped up and sticky towels are in the sink. Pour in the ice, add the water, more salt, mix the half and half with the Blizzard mix and sssslllloooowwwwlllllyyyyy pour into the little cup. No leaks! Put the whole contraption together, set the timer and get Noah going with the cranking. All goes according to plan so I decide to get out the vacuum and get the kitchen floor ready to be mopped since it's still a bit sticky in places.... (and it needs it anyway, who am I kidding???) So I've got the vacuum going and all of a sudden I hear a loud scream from Noah. Turn around and find that while he was cranking, he accidentally knocked over the whole thing and now there is ice, salt, water, half and half and Blizzard mix all over the counter as well as running down the cabinet and puddling on the sticky floor. Noah throws himself to the floor and starts bawling and I find myself literally laughing out loud. What else can you do at that point? At least now the floor isn't quite so sticky! :) I asked Noah why he was crying (after all, he and I are well known for our ability to spill just about anything...) and his response? "How long am I going to lose Wii for now??" Yup, that's our go-to punishment, but not for an accident, even one of this magnitude. :) The question only made me laugh more. Once he was reassured that he would not lose Wii, the tears cleared up and he helped me keep Josiah out of the disaster zone while I found MORE towels for the clean-up. On a positive note, my kitchen floor is clean now! (Noah had a popsicle for dessert...)
Now, on to the rest of the week! Last week, along with VBS, Noah also attended a local day camp called Safety City. It's a week long program that teaches kids about fire safety, bicycle safety and focuses quite a bit on personal safety. It's a program that he has done for the last several years and he enjoys it. On Friday they did a program and talked about all that the kids had done during the week. There are also pictures from Camp Lutherhaven. Noah went to Explorer Camp Sunday-Tuesday and once again had a great time, despite the heat and despite the fact that they didn't make a single s'more this year. :( He's looking forward to next year when he can go for a whole week! And to round out the pictures, there are a few of Josiah playing in the sink, his new favorite past-time.
No comments:
Post a Comment