Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Boonshoft Museum of Discovery

Last Thursday, the boys and I and Noah's friend Zachary, went down to Dayton to spend the day at Boonshoft, a favorite children's science museum. We hadn't been in quite some time, so Noah was very excited to go. Josiah loves it now too! He especially loved the water table and the slide. I think he went on the slide at least 3 dozen times - climbing the steps by himself and sliding down, all smiles. Noah couldn't pick a favorite part - when I asked him what his favorite part was, he named just about every section! Zachary chose the water table and the big slide as his favorites, so a good time was had by all.
Boonshoft


Noah is now back to school and brought home another excellent report card. He continues to do well in all subjects. (though there was no A+++ this time lol)

Josiah is still all smiles, though over the weekend, he cut 2 molars, which would explain some of his unusual crankiness. His latest "cute" antic is when we tell him that it's time to eat, he runs to his chair, folds his hands and says, "dee dee dah dee dee dee dee" - he's praying! :) He prays with us as well. We're working on getting him to say "AMEN!" Last night as I was cleaning up the kitchen after supper, Josiah pointed at the cupboard where we keep the cookies and "asked" for a cookie. I said, "No, not yet" and he proceeded to put both hands on his heart, bent over and cried, glancing up to see if I was changing my mind. lol Later, after he had had the cookie, he asked for more and I said he'd had enough, to which he put his arms against the wall, leaned his head on his arms and gave another very dramatic whine. Where did he learn all that?? (please, don't answer that... ;) )

No comments: