Friday, February 20, 2009

our little artist

Noah loves to draw. He gets it from his dad (obviously, since I can barely draw a stick figure) and he really studies pictures in books and on DVD covers to see how a character was drawn. Noah watches the extra features on DVDs that teach you how to draw various characters and he actually puts it into practice. Currently, he draws a lot of Scooby Doo and Shaggy but still draws SpongeBob, Spiderman, Batman, The Wiggles, the rest of the Mystery, Inc. gang and of course, LarryBoy from Veggie Tales. His standard medium is pencil or pen - preferably black - but he does dabble in crayons, colored pencils and markers on occasion. ;) For his birthday, he got oil pastels and I wanted you all to see one of his drawings using them. When I saw it, I was amazed. Of course, I am frequently amazed by his artwork! Anyway, check it out! And remember, he's SIX and he did this all on his own.

No comments: